SELECTED PROJECT 2020
A multi-sector initiative for information security and fundamental rights
This project will stimulate collaboration between public and private sector actors in order to develop policies that protect digital assets (including personal data and critical infrastructure) in Argentina.
To promote comprehensive public policies and cooperation in information security that comply with international human rights standards in Argentina.
At present, in light of the pandemic, sensitive databases are being developed that require specific protections, despite the fact that there are no protocols or conditions for this to be carried out. Under this framework, the human rights of Argentineans are being violated.
Every day, the need to safeguard digital assets in the hands of the state becomes greater since more and more data is being managed and the security of critical infrastructure depends increasingly on the stability and security of computer systems.
Failure to address this issue may lead to the development and implementation of insecure systems inappropriate for the dialogue with citizens.
Expected results benefitting the population:
– The creation and preservation of an environment conducive to the responsible reporting of vulnerabilities, monitoring of reports and development of solutions with a privacy-based approach.
– The strengthening of information security policies.
– Advocacy for the implementation of information security protocols at the state level.
– Increased public awareness and understanding of the Infosec community’s work.
– The promotion of risk mitigation as a preventative measure in Infosec.